We Highly Recommend Using:
Of the many Orlando vacations to choose from, Disney World is one of the most popular. If you will be visiting Disney World anytime soon, you probably want to learn as much about it as you can so that you can plan for the trip accordingly. Aside from the important details about this world-class resort, your research may lead you to amazing facts and trivia about Disney World that you probably didn’t know before. Here are some things that will amaze and astound you about the House of Mouse.
1. Walt Disney World is spread to over 30,000 acres of land. It is about the same size of San Francisco.
2. When the Magic Kingdom theme park first opened in October 1, 1971, the park admission only cost $3.50. Its first opening day welcomed around 10,000 guests.
3. About 17 million people go to Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park every year, making it the most visited of all the theme parks of Disney World. This is closely followed by Epcot with 10.9 million per year. Animal Kingdom is visited by 9.6 million and Hollywood Studios by 9.5 million annually.
4. The tallest structure in Magic Kingdom is Cinderella Castle, which measures 189 feet. It also features 18 towers and 13 gargoyles. The second tallest is Space Mountain at 183 feet.
5. Spaceship Earth located at the entrance of Epcot measures 180 feet in height and weighs 16 million pounds.
6. The Tree of Life, which is the primary symbol of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, has about 14 stories. It is also 50 feet wide and contains over 300 of animal carvings.
7. The Swiss Family Treehouse located in Adventureland stands 60 foot tall and weighs 200 tons. It is made of polyethylene leaves and concrete.
8. In The American Adventure that you’ll find at Epcot, you will see Spirits of America. These represent values like compassion, discovery, freedom, heritage, independence, innovation, adventure, individualism, knowledge, self-reliance, pioneering, and tomorrow.
9. The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad situated in Frontierland contains six trains such as the I.B. Hearty, I.M. Brave, I.M. Fearless, U.B. Bold, U.R. Daring and U.R. Courageous.
10. At the exit of the Haunted Mansion, you will find crypts with funny names such as I.M. Ready, Rustin Peese, Pearl E. Gates, Manny Festation, Dustin T. Dust and Asher T. Ashes.
Many who have gone to Disney World would agree that Orlando vacations would not be complete without visiting the theme park. If you intend to visit this place with your kids, you should carefully plan the trip to help ensure success. Plan for accommodations such as Disney World hotels or Orlando vacation homes, determine where you will eat your meals, formulate a budget plan, and arrange for air travel and transportation. These aspects of your trip are crucial to the success of your vacation. If you want to plan a trip on a budget, you can find great deals online. All you have to do is to search the web and look for reputable travel websites that offer excellent vacation packages that you can customize. Some packages may include Disney World hotels, while other Orlando vacations will include offsite lodging.
We Highly Recommend Using: